As an international participant of IRE, this section features information about your Letter of Invitation, VISA application form and links to locate your U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
Whether you are an attendee or exhibitor at the IRE, you must do several things in advance to prepare for your trip. Generally, international travelers need a VISA to enter the U.S. Travelers from certain eligible countries may be able to visit the U.S. without a VISA, through the VISA Waiver Program (VWP).
If you are from a country that does not participate in the VWP, you will need to make an appointment with your U.S. Embassy or Consulate for a VISA interview.
What You'll Need To Know
The turnaround time for most VISA applications is 30 days, but in some cases may take considerably longer. It is recommended to apply for your VISA two to three months before your scheduled trip in order to avoid delays in processing. You may contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for current wait times.
Appropriate documentation, such as an Invitation Letter, can help demonstrate the purpose of your trip is to attend and/or exhibit at the International Roofing Expo and that you intend to return home.
- International visitors may access the Letter of Invitation through the registration system once they have completed the registration for the show.
- Only International Roofing Expo attendees and exhibitors qualify for the Letter of Invitation
- At the end of the registration process, go to the MyEvent dashboard and click on the Visa Invitation Letter. Your information will pre-populate the fields and you will be able to download the Letter of Invitation
- You may print your personalized letter and attach a copy of your 2017 International Roofing Expo registration confirmation to use in your visa interview as supporting documentation from the International Roofing Expo and/or Informa Exhibitions U.S.
- Emailed copies may be accepted but it is recommended that you review your U.S. Embassy or Consulate's website for specific requirements.
If you require a Visa Letter prior to our registration system opening or if you need assistance please contact us directly at 972.536.6415 or Help@TheRoofingExpo.com and we will be happy to process your request.
Industry professionals from more than 50 countries around the world will be joining us for this year's event. Plus, exhibitors from more than 30 countries will be showcasing the latest innovations. It's truly a global view of the roofing world!
Sessions at the International Roofing Expo are conducted in English.
Our 2017 event will be held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Prior to traveling to Las Vegas for the Expo, you may wish to check the 10-day weather forecast.
Help plan your trip by checking the current exchange rate of your currency to U.S. dollars.
Tipping in the United States is customary. A 15% to 20% tip is usually expected in restaurants, taxis, and for services you receive.
Become familiar with American etiquette for private, public, and business interactions.
Las Vegas is in the Pacific Time Zone.
Voltage 120, frequency 60 Hz. Adapters that may be required are:
Two flat blades or two flat blades with a round grounding pin
- U.S. country code: +1
- Las Vegas area code(s): 702
- U.S. telephone numbers have ten digits total, which includes the area code and a seven digit phone number (i.e., 702.555.1234)
- To make a call, dial 1 + area code + seven-digit number
- To call internationally from Las Vegas, dial "011" + country code + area code + number
Most hotels offer high-speed Internet connections and Internet cafés are plentiful.
Dial 911 from any phone.
Standard business hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Attire at the IRE is business casual. Since meeting room temperatures and personal comfort ranges may vary, a light sweater or jacket is recommended. Also, you may wish to wear comfortable shoes, as walking distances within the convention center can be long.
Las Vegas Highlights
Las Vegas is one of the world's favorite tourist destinations. Las Vegas has something for everyone in your family. Whether it's the great outdoor activities (swimming, tennis, golf), food, nightly activities (casinos, revues, lounge acts, line dancing), you can find it all here. Some of the world's greatest sites are within reach from Vegas -- from Hoover Dam to the Grand Canyon. Consult the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority for ideas and resources.
If you have specific questions in the meantime, please contact us.